Make a pet insurance claim
We are constantly working to make claiming easier, and there are many easy to use options available for submitting your pet insurance claims to us.
You can find out more in this video, or read the options below.
Option 1: Your Vet submits your claim
- You can have your Bow Wow Meow claim processed on the spot if your Vet clinic is a GapOnly™ partner. GapOnly™ reviews and calculates your claims while you’re still in-clinic, so you only have to pay the gap between your pet insurance benefit and your vet invoice for eligible claims. Ask your vet or check here to see if they are signed up for GapOnly™ claiming yet.
- Alternatively, many Vets can submit your claims directly us on your behalf via our paperless eClaims service. Ask your Vet if they can do this for you at the time of settling your invoice.
Option 2: Submit your claim online
If your vet can’t submit your claim on your behalf, the easiest way to make a claim yourself is by through the Pet Portal. To make a claim, you will need the following documentation:
- Itemised invoice (a paid invoice that includes individual treatment items and costs adding up to the total amount paid)
- Vet consultation notes, if you have them (these are the veterinarian’s medical notes from examination findings)
For the first claim we also require vet consultation notes for the life of your pet. If you adopted your pet at a later age, we will need documentation showing the date you took ownership. To help assist us with obtaining this vet history, you can also add your vet details in the Pet Portal.
You can submit your claim without vet consultation notes but in some cases, we may not be able to process your claim without them. If this is the case, we may need to contact you or your vet/s which may result in a delay in processing your claim.
Option 3: Send your claim in the mail
If you would prefer to lodge your claim in the mail, please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Download a claim form here and print it out.
- Step 2: Fill in your and your pet’s personal information in Part 1 of the claim form and sign the form.
- Step 3: Take the claim form to your Vet, and have him/her complete the applicable sections. Ensure your Vet includes his/her practice details on the attached invoice.
- Step 4: Attach detailed itemised invoices and payment receipts and a full veterinary history if this is your first accident or illness claim (no history is required for routine care claims) to the completed claim form and mail it to us at the address below:Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance
Locked Bag 9021
Castle Hill NSW 1765
Once we receive your claim form, we will process your claim without delay.
Need to contact us?
- Call 1800 668 502 (8.30am – 5pm EST, Mon – Fri)
- Or submit your enquiry via our Contact Us page.
Frequently asked questions about claiming
When you visit the vet, you may have several different treatments that happen in one visit – such as a vaccination and treatment for an ear infection.
While you may submit these in one claim, we need to process them per pet health condition type. This will make it easy for you to see which expenses have been covered and what documents we require to complete each individual claim.
You can also see your benefit amount for each condition and if any excess has been applied.
Claims are generally processed within 5-10 business days, if we have all the required documentation.
If the required documentation is not submitted with the claim, there may be a delay and we may need to contact you or your Vet.
Generally, for the first claim we require vet consultation notes for the life of your pet.
If you can provide us with proof of adoption or transfer of ownership papers, we will only request vet documentation from that date onwards.
GapOnly™ is working with Vets to deliver a simpler pet insurance claims experience.
GapOnly™ enables same day claims processing in-clinic, meaning pet owners can claim on the spot and only pay the gap (the difference between the eligible vet’s invoice and what’s covered under their pet insurance policy).
It helps keep the focus on the health of the pet (not the cost of treatment), with the added convenience of less paperwork, same day processing, and less out-of-pocket expense.