About Bow Wow Meow
Helping protect Aussie pets since 1995
Bow Wow Meow is an Australian-owned business that has been providing services to pet owners since 1995. We began our journey providing personalised pet ID tags, and in 2008 we launched among the first pet insurance offerings in the Australian market.
Since our launch, more than 130,000 pet owners have found the benefits, options and costs of our policies to be very attractive.
What makes us different?
We are more than a pet insurance provider, we are pet people too. We know how important your pet is to you, and we never want you to have to make a choice between money and the health of your pet.
When you take out insurance with us we enter a partnership of care with you, and we take that responsibility seriously. When the unexpected happens, our close-knit team is empowered to help you out, and make sure you get the best possible outcome.
Pet owners recognise this and have consistently rated us the number one pet insurance provider in Australia on independent Product Review consumer ratings site for the past 5 years running.
What is most gratifying for us is that these awards are given based on real reviews from our customers. We are so proud to be able to help so many Aussie pet owners and their fur babies stay happy and healthy.
Giving back to our community
Animal Poisons Helpline sponsorship
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance is thrilled to be a Platinum Sponsor of the Australian Animal Poisons Helpline, a registered animal charity that provides a FREE poisons advice service to pet owners across Australia & New Zealand. Pet owners who suspect their pet may have been poisoned can call 1300 869 738 to get rapid first-aid advice, risk assessment and triage recommendations for their pets.
We are proud to support this valuable service, another way we are making a real difference to Aussie pet owners every day.
Helping our wildlife affected by the bushfires
Like all animal lovers, the Bow Wow Meow team has been horrified to see the utter devastation caused to our land and wildlife by the bushfires. It’s impossible to estimate the number of native animals that have perished or to predict the impact that dire food and water shortages, as well as habitat loss will have on wild populations.
We are committed to helping, and have signed up as a Bronze Sponsor of WIRES Wildlife Rescue Australia to support the invaluable work they are doing rescuing and protecting our native animals.
People friendly pet insurance
When your pets aren’t well, you want to focus on them. The last thing you need is a stressful claims process. We go out of our way to help you when you need it most.
- Our generous cover gives your more benefits, when you need them most, including unique features like up to $7,600 per year for Hip Joint Surgery.
- We process 95% of claims within 5-10 days, upon receiving all required documents.
- Our pet portal allows you to track and manage your claims easily online, and our streamlined claims process saves you the ‘claims run-around’.
- Bow Wow Meow is proud to be a founding GapOnly™ partner, which gives you access to on-the-spot claiming while you’re still at your vet’s practice, allowing you to only pay the gap.
- And we offer life-time cover4. If you’re covered now, your pet can be cared for into old age, even through chronic illnesses like diabetes and arthritis.
Discover these and many more reasons to insure with us.