Information for vets
Statistics show that pet owners who have pet insurance visit their vet 41% more often and spend 53% more on pet care than uninsured pets*.
Since our launch in 2008, Bow Wow Meow’s range of pet insurance plans have been embraced by vets and pet owners alike, with over 150,000 policies having been issued.
We care about the service we give and helping our customers when times are tough. Pet owners recognise this and we have consistently been the recipients of Product Review’s Best Pet Insurance Awards based on their reviews over the last 5 years.
What is most gratifying for us is that these awards are given based on real reviews from our customers. We are so proud to be able to help so many Aussie pet owners and their fur babies stay happy & healthy.
Why choose Bow Wow Meow?
Bow Wow Meow offers a range of flexible, competitive policy options to suit a range of needs and budget, and is underwritten by Australia’s leading pet health insurer.
Generous benefits & life-long cover
- Our policies cover up to 80% of eligible vet fees, with generous benefits and unique features like Hip Joint Surgery Cover.
- We have no breed exclusions and do not exclude any hereditary conditions from our cover.
- We offer life-long cover (provided the policy holder continues to renew their cover subject to terms and conditions) and will cover all chronic conditions (excluding Pre-existing Conditions) for the life of the pet up to the annual benefit limit each year.
- Customers can apply for any pre-existing excluded conditions to be removed after 18 months of continuous cover.
Easy claiming without the hassle
- Our customers have the option to use the vet of their choice.
- We are committed to making pet insurance claiming easy for your customers, and are constantly working on new ways to facilitate this.
- We were one of the first pet insurers on the new GapOnly® system and are proud to be offering this valuable service to our customers. Innovating the pet insurance claims experience, GapOnly® reviews and calculates your client’s claim while they’re still in-clinic.
Find out more about becoming a GapOnly® vet.
- Our paperless eClaims service lets vets submit clinical notes and invoices directly to our claims team for quick assessment, so clients can leave the practice knowing their claim is underway. The service integrates easily with RxWorks, ezyVet, CHS Vet and OpenVPMS vet practice management software systems.
- We are focused on providing the best possible service to our insurance customers to ensure they can always afford the best treatment options, and go out of our way to help them during stressful times when their pets are unwell.
Free promotional material for vets
We can provide you with free brochures and our amazing Puppy Guides to use in your Puppy School and puppy packs.
Contact us for a promotional stand and brochures to hand out to your clients:
Call: (02) 9369 2666 or
Register for Puppy Guides here
*Sourced from “In the Black” Magazine, Issue 9, Autumn 2010