Peace of Mind plan
Comprehensive pet insurance cover for accidental injury and illnesses
- Our most popular pet insurance plan
- $15,000 annual benefit limit
- Flexible choice of 60%, 70% or 80% benefit percentage (percent of eligible vet bill covered)
- Hip joint surgery cover – up to $7,600 per hip
- $2,000 tick paralysis annual sub-limit
- Zero excess, which means even smaller vet bills are covered
- Option to add on Routine Care cover
The Peace of Mind plan covers accidental injury or illness conditions up to an annual benefit limit of $15,000. You can elect to receive either a 60%, 70% or 80% benefit rebate for eligible vet expenses (subject to benefit limits and exclusions) for your dog or cat.
You can take out the Peace of Mind plan if your pet is between the ages of 8 weeks and 9 years of age.
The following conditions are covered from initial policy commencement:
- Motor vehicle incidents
- Burns or electrocution
- Allergic reactions to an insect or spider bite excluding flea bites
- Bone fractures
- Snake bite toxicity
- Traumatic ligament or tendon injury, other than a cruciate ligament condition
- Bite wound or fight wound abscesses
- Lacerations or abrasion of tissue, skin or mucous membrane due to external violence
Covered after 30 day waiting period:
Examples of illnesses we generally cover:
- Cancer treatments
- Skin conditions
- Eye/ear conditions
- Ingestion of a foreign object*
- Intervertebral disc disease (IVDD)
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Tick Paralysis – $2,000 annual sub-limit
*We will only cover one (1) incident of swallowing a foreign object that causes a blockage or obstruction requiring surgical or endoscopic removal per policy period.
Covered after 6 month waiting period:
- Cruciate ligament conditions
(Note that the 6 month waiting period for cruciate ligament conditions can be waived on application. To this, we need to receive a completed and signed Cruciate Ligament Exam Form from your vet within 14 days of the cruciate examination date certifying that your pet has been examined, at your expense, on or after the policy commencement date. We will notify you of the outcome in writing. Refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for further terms and conditions.)
Additional benefits and limits:
- Consultation fees – $300 annual sub-limit
- Emergency boarding – $500 annual sub-limit
- Hip joint surgery – $7,600 per hip annual sub-limit
- Cruciate ligament conditions – $2,600 annual sub-limit (you may be eligible for a higher limit, and if so this will be printed on your Certificate of Insurance).
- Overseas pet travel (only applies to travel in New Zealand or Norfolk Island, subject to your benefit percentage and limits. Exclusions apply – refer to the Product Disclosure Statement).